Saturday 6 February 2010

No meat: how did that go?

A while back I challenged myself to no meat for 2 weeks. How did it go? Actually it was surprisingly easy: except for one tired Tuesday when I ate whatever was on the plate that I was given.
I didn't notice any big difference: no change in energy levels or physical wellbeing. However, not being allowed to eat meat increased my creativity in cooking. Sure, I could have done that thing that is so typical for me, i.e. eat rye bread with cheese and cucumber (which is the most delicious meal in the world), but it was fun to try making something new as well. This, in turn, meant that I enjoyed both cooking and eating a lot more.
I cannot say that I've turned vegetarian, but I'll definitely eat less meat and, more importantly, try to hold on to that newly found creativity.

2 comments:

Le Hamster Ruso said...

Con lo que me encantan a mi las hamburguesas...

Zsuzsi said...

Jeje :) A mí también me encantan... pero evidentemente no era tan dificíl vivir sin ellas :D