Tuesday 23 February 2010

Hasta luego, España!

When this post is published, I will be sitting on a plane to Stockholm  (in reality it is written on a rainy Monday afternoon in Paterna, Valencia when suitcases should be packed and all papers that are not that important thrown away).
It is not the first time I will sadly try to catch a last glimpse of palm trees from up above, but it is indeed the first time that I have no idea when (or if) I will be coming back.


A very big part of me is sad and disappointed: because things didn't go the way they were supposed to, because no matter how determined we all are that this is a "see you" rather than a "good bye", you never know when you will see all those people who came to play such a significant role in your life, some of them even being like family.


At the same time the excitement is bubbling inside like a volcano: I cannot deny that new and unknown adventures have always fascinated me. They are like a light bulb to mosquitos. The feeling of not knowing where I'm going (although in all fairness I have a pretty good idea in this case) makes me thrive.
And there is guilt. And happiness. Guilt because it feels like I shouldn't be experiencing all these contradictional feelings at once, and happiness because there is a big bunch of people waiting for me.
Of course I have an idea of how I want things to pan out, but I'd rather save all that information for some other time. However, I'm already planning a visit to Valencia in the spring to visit friends and enjoy the sunshine.

No comments: