Monday 14 April 2014

Will the journey ever end?

Finland. Poland. England. Russia. Spain. Finland again. Slovakia. Sweden. Will the journey ever end? Does it need to end? People speak of restless souls, the eternal wanderers. Am I one of those curious minds that cannot sit still or more than the slightest moment? At the end of the day, does it even matter?

I am very grateful for the places I've seen, the people I've met and the opportunities I have been given. The one thing that I have learnt is that we cannot take things - nor people - for granted. We do not determine our own future, no matter what plans we make, there is no guarantee that they will turn out the way they were supposed to. Life has taken me places - I have followed it without questions or doubts. When one door was shut, another one opened - sometimes in another country. Maybe all that I am is a child of my generation - a generation where mobility is required and all old notions of safety have blown away, maybe for good.

No matter where life takes me, I will follow. With the risk of sounding corny, life is the way.







No comments: