Tuesday 29 April 2014

A Little Bit Better. A Little Bit Further.

Considering the copious amounts of coffee that I'm drinking, nobody would actually think that I'm into healthy things. But, facades may be illusions. Illusions may be facades, and I'm reading about Ayurveda, raw food, mediation, positive thinking, yoga, whatnot.

Every time I'm back in the Nordic region, a wave of inspiration washes over me. Maybe it's because everyone is so focused on these things - health, the environment, doing a lot of cool things, looking good. At the same time I'm feeling a bit helpless, a bit like I'm not enough. I'm missing that air of self-confidence, coolness and that feeling of everything being so great. Generally I have been feeling a bit blah lately. My hormones are telling me that I look like a chubby snowball, the thesis is so LONG and it feels like it's never going to end (like EVER), the job hunt... well, we'll see. The most depressing thing is that most employers don't ever call back even though I am qualified - it's so frustrating to actually have work experience, a degree and multiple languages. I'm actually even a nice person (even if I say so myself). What else do they want? A rocket scientist?

Anyhow. Today's dinner was a very simple, yet delicious chicken salad. Ingredients: grilled chicken, lettuce, cucumber and a yellow pepper. The dressing was also quick and delicious (why make it complicated?) - olive oil, fresh lemon juice, a garlic clove, basil + some mixed herbs.










No comments: