Tuesday 8 June 2010

Getting ready

I just had some Spaghetti Bolognese (carbs, carbs, carbs) for dinner/snack and now I’m fighting with a huge bottle of water, let’s see if it will make tonight’s running any easier. At the moment the greatest challenge is the heat: it’s just too hot outside for any kind of tough exercise. Basically, I have two options: getting up really early in the morning and go for a run, or wait until it starts to get dark. Neither option is unproblematic.

Some people find it hard to concentrate enough to read an entire book, others don’t like eating veggies. Well, one of the greatest challenges life has ever thrown at me is getting up early. I am no morning person (never have been, never will be), and since work usually starts at 4 p.m., I don’t exactly need to get up at dawn either.

Running in darkness isn’t really tempting either, mainly for safety reasons. I usually run in an area with no lights and lots of sheds, so it might not be the best of places for exercising after nightfall, unless you’re suicidal.

Any ideas"? Or do you have any suggestions on how to get out of bed early relatively painlessly?

2 comments:

Senorita said...

I absolutely hate getting up early in the morning, but I did it anyways and I felt a lot better for it. I felt better the whole day after, and I didn't have to work out for the rest of the day. I could just enjoy it.

I would tell you to either just get up early and don't think about how you don't like it, or pic activites you like that you can do during the day.

Maybe you can go swimming instead.

Zsuzsi said...

Swimming is an option I've been considering as well.... Hmm, we'll see. Thanks for the comment ;)