Thursday 10 June 2010

Frustrated and Misplaced.

It’s time for some midnight pondering again. I can’t sleep, so me and my tea cup have temporarily moved to the living room where we are trying to kill the frustration that has decided to show its ugly face again.

Frustrated, why? Well. It feels that every great project I embark on is an adventure I’m not sharing with anyone else. All my life I have been the odd one, the one sailing in her own bubble on a pink cloud, somehow separated from the rest. It doesn’t mean that I’m in any way special, I just happen to be interested in very different things than the people around me. Most of these people are lovely, wonderful, understanding and a great laugh. They just don’t share my passions.

One of the great projects at the moment is exercise. Being the person I am, I cannot settle for half measures, I want to go for specific goals. The problem (damn right, there is a problem) is that I’m a complete newbie, and this is a time when I would really need help from someone. But who? Nobody I know is into these things. This is the moment when I need someone to whip me, kick me, bribe me, support me and motivate me. I have no experience in succeeding in any form of physical exercise, which makes the road extra tough. I do not know how to succeed and I need positive feedback. I have no idea what would be possible or realistic, I don’t know what to aim for.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Le Hamster Ruso said...

No te desanimes. You're a newbei, so what? Go for it ;)

Zsuzsi said...

Gracias por el animo :)

knickknacks said...

The thing about exercise is that it can be very specific. It really depends on what you are trying to achieve (strength, endurance or flexibility) and if there is a particular competition or target you are working towards. It is easier to work out a schedule once the goal is clear. Let me know and I will see if I can help you find a good training schedule. I am afterall a physiotherapist. ;)