Friday 22 January 2010

Torikokous uima-altaassa

Lately I have been swimming a lot, mainly because it's a good way to empty my head. I'm not very quick, but my goal is still to challenge myself and my body, to do it a bit faster than last time. That's the point with exercise, isn't it? To push yourself, to get results, to have an effective work-out, to feel that you're actually doing something.
Well. To some people the swimming pool seems to be the place to gossip about everything that is happening in the mighty municipality of Finström. In order to do so, the whole line needs to be occupied. Nobody is allowed to pass, and everybody else has to adapt their speed to that of snails. Arrrrgh.
Now, don't get me wrong. Everyone could and should exercise according to their own capacity, but ruining the whole experience for the rest because gossiping is sooo important? Come on people, we don't care if Pelle Eriksson went to Sweden last week to buy some milk.

No comments: