Wednesday 19 October 2011

The Joys Of Living On An Island

As you know, I work in logistics. As you also know, I live on an island. Sometimes combining these two is quite the impossible task. This morning I was greeted by the following mail: “our own cruise passengers E, J and F are in Stockholm”. The cruise passengers (aka colleagues), and a few trucks filled with fresh food, were supposed to show up here this morning. What happened? It was too windy so the ferry continued its journey to Sweden instead of stopping here. Hopefully the boys had a really good time at the bar, because that would be the only positive thing coming out of this.  

It’s not the first time this happens. It also won’t be the last. Now I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that there won’t be any problems with my trip to Sweden tomorrow. The plan is to stay there for two days: tomorrow will be dedicated to walking around in Stockholm, coffee drinking (and maybe some shopping) and on Friday I’ll spend the entire day at uni, listening to lectures on such interesting subjects as probability theory.

Oh. And I need to look for some cute socks and tights.  

No comments: