Sunday 13 March 2011

Nem tudok mit mondni

Hello world! How are you? I hope you have had a great week, and that you have lots of excitement to look forward to next week. I’m just sitting here, trying to observe a world that has so many dark alleys and obscure one-way streets  that I don’t know if I can trust my instincts. What if my mind is playing tricks on me? What if it’s just made up? Or maybe I’ll find a park that is bathing in sunlight? At the same time that stifling feeling in my stomach is moving upwards, and I’m trying to push it back down with hot tea and lemon.

Last night I read a book that reminded me of all the cruelty in the world, it made me want to throw up. Once when I was about ten years old I saw a documentary, or maybe it was the news. A woman told about her pregnant sister, or friend, or someone, who had been raped and then stabbed in the stomach. The book was about Bosnia, what else.  A tragedy that has been forgotten, and followed by so many others. Then I feel asleep but was woken up by an sms. Instead of returning to the sweet world of oblivion, my toes started to itch. Do you know how difficult it is to sleep with itching toes? Three am is the perfect time to observe the world, to try to figure it out.

 

No comments: