Tuesday 18 May 2010

Things to do, things to do...

  • Buy plane tickets. Or even one will be enough.
  • Go to the tax office: now that I know that I’m still living here officially*, I will need a paper from the nice people at the tax office so that I can send all the papers to the not-so-nice people who decide about study grants (they almost make me cry every single time).
  • Pack: let’s practise some French again:je déteste faire les valises!! Bientôt je peux me déplacer à Paris.
  • Work
  • Start planning final essay: it will be about the EU and Russia... maybe the Balkans, but I don’t know yet. I'd like to get some space for CEE as well, but wouldn't really like to write about pre-1989 Europe, and at the end of the day that's what it will come down to when talking about Russia and Eastern Europe. To bardzo trudno...
  • Tidy up around me: it’s a m-e-s-s-s-s-s!!!
  • Read a couple of books I just got from the library: the one about globalisation and the nation state seems really interesting. There's another one about Ukrainian sex. Will surely be very fascinating.
  • Find a pair of shades: still looking!

 

*  Embarrassing scenario número uno: write an e-mail in the middle of the night to a person you don’t know, asking where you are officially living.

Embarrassing scenario número dos: receiving an answer from said stranger informaing you that you are still living in the same place as in... 1986. Ouch.

No comments: