Friday 14 May 2010

Can too much tea give you a stomach ache?

I like my new job. It’s a lot of fun and people are showering me with compliments. It’s not difficult, but it’s nice knowing that people like talking to you. In my last job I was always feeling so stressed out because I was afraid I would do something wrong, that I would mess things up. Everyday I would go there with something as heavy as a stone in my stomach. I lost myself in that office, I lost my confidence and my self-esteem. I didn’t know where to go because I thought history would just repeat itself, and I couldn’t tell anyone about that big evil knot because people don’t like to listen to complaints.

This weekend I’ll further boost my self-esteem, by writing an exam. It might sound crazy, but exams have always been one of the few reflections of my skills. You can be either right or wrong, and when you get everything right, it must mean that you are good at what you do.

The rest of the weekend will be spent outside in the sun (30 degrees centigrade in Finland today... where did that heat wave come from?), with a bit of Bones and some ice hockey as well.

1 comment:

knickknacks said...

Good to know you are adapting well at work! Go girl! :) And no..I don't think too much tea will give you a stomachache but it will certainly make you pee alot more! ;)