Monday 2 November 2009

Chillies


Spanish food might be tasty, but it's far from spicy. Ever since I moved here I have been searching (in vain) for chillies that would make my mouth burn - it took me 15 months to find them, and it wasn't in a fancy supermarket. The other day I was walking down the main road in our village when I saw that one of the "euroshops" (similar to British pound shops) was selling plants with familiar-looking red little things. For various reasons I had to wait until today to get my plant, and right now I'm extremely pleased as I managed to grab the last one. And yes, they make your mouth burn.

Talking about chillies, did you know that they:

* are good for headaches and migraine
* fight inflammation and cancer
* contain lots of vitamine C
* etc etc etc

No comments: