Tuesday 5 May 2015

#NaBloPoMo May 5: Your style

Say style, and most people think of clothes. I thought I'd write a great post about styles of thinking or styles of being. Then life happened. I got up at 5.30 am and now I want to sleep. So, here you go. My style: colorful, girly, and comfortable. 

And now I changed my mind, let's write a line or five. Have you noticed that meditating in the shower might have the most unexpected effects? A moment ago I was staring at the tap, letting the hot water wash over my feet when the thought hit me: what the hell! I'm sometimes a rather silly person. That is my style. Maybe this prompt is getting to me. The anxious knot in my stomach is tightening its grip. There is no reason to worry. Not really. The world is collapsing for so many people everyday that my worries are nonsense and a nuisance. And yet, the feeling is there. One thing that annoys me is people who post quotes online to justify their own attitude. I do not want to be one of those people - I don't want to waste my time thinking that I never did anything wrong, apart from being too nice. So, hello little knot. Thank you for passing by. It's time to stop feeling misunderstood. How will anyone ever know anything if you don't tell them? You may leave now, little knot, back to my head, exactly where you came from.

Oh yes. There is still a photo. Stripes? Check. The color red? Check. An unflattering fringe? Well, of course.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I'm actually the same in the shower... i tend to do a lot of problem solving under the spell of the hose.