Tuesday 2 December 2014

Being Joyful

A couple of weeks back we had some type of group ther... oops, sorry, team-building at my job. One of the things we had to do was to say positive things about other people in the group. Sounds easy, doesn't it? It seems that it usually is easier to be kind to others than being kind to yourself.

Anyhow, I had hoped to be called intelligent, smart, quirky, clever. Instead, what do three different people tell me? "You are so positive", "Always with a smile and seem genuinely happy", "Working hard"... and "joyful". That is a great compliment, because it is something that I have always tried to be. Basically I don't like grumpy people. so there is no excuse for me to be one.



However, being joyful is sometimes a hard job. Essentially it probably something of a personality trait and a human flaw. Someone once asked me what the point was in pretending to be happy. I believe that happiness is a part of the self - even if everything is going terribly wrong, one still needs to stay happy. And that sometimes means forcing myself to be happy. It is about pretending, it's about finding that inner happy place filled with serenity, solitude, light and faith in people and the world.

Picture


No comments: