Thursday 12 December 2013

Stuff On My Mind

Yesterday I attended a training on Presentation Skills.

One of the other groups spoke about positive thinking, how a positive attitude might change your life. A couple of years back I was really into positive psychology; that has somehow been shifted aside now (as has my whole focus on psychology) due to the fact that the world is filled with tremendously interesting things and activities, but it is a fascinating field. However, maybe it is more important to  engage in creative thinking than in positive thinking.

Now I am a believer in positive thinking; not so much because I think it will change my mind, but because life is easier and less stressful that way.

A little tip for when you are annoyed or experiencing negative feelings: take a step back, analyse the situation, look at your feelings and trace your steps of thinking back to the cause for your distress – does the actual feeling match the initial cause? Is it really worth it? Probably not.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: