Thursday 1 September 2011

Thoughts

Smedette* wrote an interesting post about the “requirements” for happiness… how much does one need to be happy? And what are those things that make a person happy? Not only is the answer very personal and subjective, but I think it depends a lot on the situation and culture, as well. People develop, our lives change – what was important three years ago might have lost all its importance now, and vice versa. Some people need more, others need less. Surely, life might be easier when one doesn’t need much, but that doesn’t mean that we all should become eremites living somewhere far from civilization. The

At this very moment I can only think of three things that are essential for my own happiness: a few, but close human relationships, challenging myself and the possibility to go on learning and gathering experiences. At the same time, due to the fact that I’m living where I live, I’m also blessed to take a lot of things for granted – things that surely affect my happiness positively – with a general feeling of trust and a functioning welfare network, I don’t have to worry about the very same problems that many other people have to struggle with on a daily basis. Survival is granted, so it’s easier to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

 

*unfortunately I’m unable to link… *sad face*

No comments: