Wednesday 15 June 2011

Fantasztikus!

Heard in the living room.

Zsuzsi (exclaiming excitedly): I just figured out what I want my thesis to be about*.

(Actually it sounded more like this: “tiedätkö, päätin äsken mistä aiheesta aion kirjoittaa graduni”) – but I won’t bore you with the details.

 

She explains the idea, using as many adjectives as possible.

Zsuzsi’s mother: You’ve never thought about working as a waitress, have you?

 

Gee, thanks. Seems like the worst idea ever.

* The other day I was killing time at a coffee shop in Stockholm. Actually, I was reading about sociological aspects of risk analysis. Suddenly I bumped into one of the most exciting topics ever, and that’s what I want to do some research on: the difference in risk perception among natives and immigrants – how to improve risk management and communication in order to reach out to as many people as possible in society.

No comments: