Sunday 3 October 2010

Thinking Soup and Spanish Drinks

Yesterday TT (and the rest of the gang) were celebrating his birthday with tapas at La Tasca and then drinks and craziness at a random bar. The music was very bad, but nobody really cared since we were all behaving like a bunch of 5-year-olds anyway. The überstrong Spanish drinks might have had something to do with our behaviour. I ended up giving the first drink I bought to a friend, after which I tiptoed to the bar and asked for a "rum and coke, with very little rum and a lot, and I mean A LOT, of coke zero". The bartender probably thought I was a lost cause because she also gave me a straw and started to explain how to use it. Yeah thanks... I know how to use a straw :)

Lately I have been craving for soup, so I think I’m going to make this a "Polish and Hungarian Soup Week". Soup is hearty and healthy (and usually cheap to make!), and oh so tasty, so to be completely honest, I have no idea why I don’t make it more often.

Some of the soups I’d like to try are: Hungarian Mushroom Soup, Kapusniak (cabbage soup), Zurek (ryemeal soup), Zupa Grochowka (split bean soup) and of course Barszcz (i.e. beet soup).

Would you be interested in getting the recipes and photos of the end results?

3 comments:

knickknacks said...

Soups are great for this time of the year! Good things are meant to be shared so yes - recipes and pics, pls! ;)

Annica said...

Soup was a good idea, I should also start cooking some. That mushroom soup sounded interesting ;)

Zsuzsi said...

knickknacks: ok, will post them (unless the soups are completly lethal)

yrkesskadad: yup, that's what I thought.