Friday 24 September 2010

Rahulolev [Ee: pleased, content]

Now I’m lying in bed, under two blankets, in my PJs, with a huge cup of tea and berry water. My feet are relaxing after a long day, and tomorrow I can finally get up after 7.30.

Today we had our 2nd (1st for me) meeting at the University of Stockholm, and I was terribly afraid of lots of things; about getting lost, being more stupid than everyone else, maybe I hadn’t prepared the material well enough. I was even worried about looking ridiculous among all those posh people.

Well. As usually is the case, my fears were ill-founded. The university was easy to find, really, you just walk straight from the metro stop until you bump into the library. I found the classroom without any problems (after a pit stop at the Department of Slavic Languages... surprise, surprise). I understood what everybody was talking about (although I had no clue about nuclear power in Sweden or tunnel constructions before this afternoon) and in the seminar I managed to combine risk analysis with international relations. Maybe not very successfully, but there was no havoc caused either. My classmates were nice, and oddly enough the guys seemed posher than the girls. In the beginning I spent most of the time in my own corner, but then we started talking and everybody seemed like cool and relaxed people,

The university is nice with an international atmosphere (great for eavesdropping on people): the campus is well situated and the surroundings are lovely (lots of parks around). I liked Uni of Manchester more, but this one comes at a good 2nd place.

Knickknacks asked what on earth I’m doing at a Swedish university :) Well, this is an M.something (social sciences, maybe?) in Decision, Risk and Policy Analysis. Most of it is done independently, but there are a few compulsory meetings in Stockholm, and that’s what I was doing today!

2 comments:

knickknacks said...

Ah..I see! Sounds like you are assimilating well to your new environment! So how long will you be in Sweden? :)

Zsuzsi said...

Until tomorrow :D