Thursday 24 November 2011

SUNSHINE!!!!

This morning I really would have preferred to stay under the blankets. When the alarm started sounding under my left ear (yes, I always leave the phone under my pillow), I cursed all the reasons for which it is necessary to get up at 7.30 am. I’ve changed my mind. The sky is clear blue and the sun is shining (although the sun itself is hiding behind the rooftops somewhere) – it’s such a rarity to see the sun these days that it must be noted somewhere. It’s crazy how important the sun is for one’s mood.

 

I believe it is Thanksgiving in the States today. We don’t celebrate anything of the kind over here, which is a pity, because it seems to be such a nice and important tradition. I have personally celebrated Thanksgiving once. Some of my classmates in Poland were Americans, so we all gathered to celebrate Thanksgiving in the boys’ dorm. Anyhow, even though we’re not doing anything special today, we could all try to be a little extra thankful. One of my colleagues said today: “He’s always complaining, and that’s so wrong. There must be something good in life”. And I think that is true. It’s often easy to focus and waste energy on the bad things life, even though there are plenty of reasons to be happy and grateful.

 

So, some of today’s reasons to be grateful in Zsuzsi-land are:

 

  • The sun is shining. Autumn is a nice season, but the sun does give a lot of extra energy.
  • My family is lovely and I’m also a bit spoiled by them all.
  • I’m healthy – if the only physical pain I experience is the occasional headache and sore muscles, then I can be considered very lucky. Let’s hope it stays that way.
  • I’m thankful for some of my personality traits. It doesn’t matter if they are socially or biologically…, I’m happy that I’m such a curious person who loves learning. It really makes life feel like an adventure most of the time.

 

What makes you grateful today?

 

 

 

No comments: