- Visit all European capitals. (
Helsinki, Stockholm, Oslo, London, Madrid, Tallinn, Riga, Moscow, Warsaw, Athens)
- Visit Kamchatka.
- Get back to my „Russian” weight. -> might never happen!
- Try pole dancing.
- Discuss current affairs in 10 languages. (
Finnish/ Swedish/ English/Spanish/Russian/Polish/Hungarian/Czech/Dutch/German)
- Read a book in above mentioned languages + French.
- Read Camus and Sartre in the original. -> Camus is waiting in the book case.
- Manage doing a split.
- Match my clothes, at least once in my life.
- Kiss a girl.
- Own a Finnish Lapphund and name it Frunze.
- Get married.
- Run the Budapest marathon.
- Run the Prague half-marathon.
- Have my own library -> how many books does one need for this?
- Throw out a TV or a laptop through the window in true rock'n'roll style. -> I tried but they wouldn't let me.
- Invent my own cocktail.
- Get an advanced university degree, or three.
- Get visible abs.
- Stand on my hands.
- Translate a book from Hungarian. -> sort of doing it.
- Lie on a beach in Dubrovnik.
- Cycle through a country.
- Fix my nails.
- Buy an unnecessarily expensive bag,
Go skinny dipping.
- Grow my own herbs. -> tried it, didn't work.
- Talk to a stranger on the street. -> men trying to hit on you don't count.
- Learn to dance. Anything.
- Survive a week of serious detoxing.
Invite friends over and make them a Georgian meal.
- Walk the „Camino de Santiago de Compostela”
- Learn to drive a motorcycle.
- Go hiking in the Tatra and Caucasus mountains.
- Swim in the Black Sea.
- Write a book, it doesn’t even have to be a good one.
- Throw an “exotic food” party.
- Visit Allie (and anyone else who wants to be visited) in the US.
- Travel through South America on a motorcycle à Che Guevara.
- Sip on a Pina Colada under a palm tree in the Caribbean.
- Have my own company.
Study the Tao.
- Do voluntary work with immigrants.
- Try boxing.
- Finish reading the "Quiet Don". (The Don is very quiet indeed, it’s a bit like War and Peace)
- Get better acquainted with Denmark and Norway. -> maybe in June?
- Buy a bicycle.
- Take the DELE-exam at advanced level, and pass.
- Take the Polish version of above exam.
- Visit the dentist. -> i HATE going to the dentist.
- Finish a 3000-piece jigsaw puzzle.
- Get lost in a strange city.
- Make a dress for myself
- Attend a tea ceremony.
- Pass a course in macroeconomics
- Get my driver’s license.
- Get a plant and keep it alive.
- Get rid of all the stuff I no longer use.
- Join a political party.
- Learn statistics. -> blah, it has to be done if I want to graduate.
Thursday, 21 April 2011
It’s Back! (with comments)
About a year ago I wrote my life list, published it here and kept on living. Now, months later, I can proudly tick off like 2 points…. Slow but steady Here’s the list (same one as last year).