Thursday 21 April 2011

It’s Back! (with comments)

About a year ago I wrote my life list, published it here and kept on living. Now, months later, I can proudly tick off like 2 points…. Slow but steady Smile Here’s the list (same one as last year).
  1. Visit all European capitals. (Helsinki, Stockholm, Oslo, London, Madrid, Tallinn, Riga, Moscow, Warsaw, Athens)
  2. Visit Kamchatka.
  3. Get back to my „Russian” weight. -> might never happen!
  4. Try pole dancing.
  5. Discuss current affairs in 10 languages. (Finnish/Swedish/English/Spanish/Russian/Polish/Hungarian/Czech/Dutch/German)
  6. Read a book in above mentioned languages + French.
  7. Read Camus and Sartre in the original. -> Camus is waiting in the book case.
  8. Manage doing a split.
  9. Match my clothes, at least once in my life.
  10. Kiss a girl.
  11. Own a Finnish Lapphund and name it Frunze.
  12. Get married.
  13. Run the Budapest marathon.
  14. Run the Prague half-marathon.
  15. Have my own library -> how many books does one need for this?
  16. Throw out a TV or a laptop through the window in true rock'n'roll style. -> I tried but they wouldn't let me.
  17. Invent my own cocktail.
  18. Get an advanced university degree, or three.
  19. Get visible abs.
  20. Stand on my hands.
  21. Translate a book from Hungarian. -> sort of doing it.
  22. Lie on a beach in Dubrovnik.
  23. Cycle through a country.
  24. Fix my nails.
  25. Buy an unnecessarily expensive bag,
  26. Go skinny dipping.
  27. Grow my own herbs. -> tried it, didn't work.
  28. Talk to a stranger on the street. -> men trying to hit on you don't count.
  29. Learn to dance. Anything.
  30. Survive a week of serious detoxing.
  31. Invite friends over and make them a Georgian meal.
  32. Walk the „Camino de Santiago de Compostela”
  33. Learn to drive a motorcycle.
  34. Go hiking in the Tatra and Caucasus mountains.
  35. Swim in the Black Sea.
  36. Write a book, it doesn’t even have to be a good one.
  37. Throw an “exotic food” party.
  38. Visit Allie (and anyone else who wants to be visited) in the US.
  39. Travel through South America on a motorcycle à Che Guevara.
  40. Sip on a Pina Colada under a palm tree in the Caribbean.
  41. Have my own company.
  42. Study the Tao.
  43. Do voluntary work with immigrants.
  44. Try boxing.
  45. Finish reading the  "Quiet Don". (The Don is very quiet indeed, it’s a bit like War and Peace)
  46. Get better acquainted with Denmark and Norway. -> maybe in June?
  47. Buy a bicycle.
  48. Take the DELE-exam at advanced level, and pass.
  49. Take the Polish version of above exam.
  50. Visit the dentist. -> i HATE going to the dentist.
  51. Finish a 3000-piece jigsaw puzzle.
  52. Get lost in a strange city.
  53. Make a dress for myself
  54. Attend a tea ceremony.
  55. Pass a course in macroeconomics
  56. Get my driver’s license.
  57. Get a plant and keep it alive.
  58. Get rid of all the stuff I no longer use. 
  59. Join a political party.
  60. Learn statistics. -> blah, it has to be done if I want to graduate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woohoo I'm #38! I think I said that last time... If it makes you feel any better, by the time you are actually able to visit me in the US, I might be living in Poland(or Romania, Bulgaria or Ukraine). Seriously.