Saturday 6 November 2010

Nem tudom miről beszélsz![Hu: I don’t know what you’re talking about!]

If you’ve ever read anything about horoscopes, you’ll know that an Aries can be very competitive at times. This is an aspect of my personality that I’ve been trying to suppress, because I believe that it’s not a very good characteristic, it just puts you under lots of unnecessary stress. And let’s face it, competitive people are usually really annoying. Seems like those attempts haven’t been all that successful: yesterday I realised something very important: I thrive on competition and challenges. For me it’s a way of life to pick a person who’s really good at what she or he does, make a huge effort and win the battle. (don’t worry, the battle is usually one of skill and knowledge, and the winner is the one who’s the best). And, thanks to the double-edged stubbornness my Finnish ancestors passed on to me, I usually do win. During those moments of focused effort I feel like I’m on fire. Without this element of competition in my life, I’m completely lost.

No comments: