Thursday 3 May 2012

Why So Serious?

The cool wind is beating my face, the wheels keep on rolling even though my head was feeling dizzy and my eyes were blurry. At that moment I was thinking about dancing with the devil. The devil takes many disguises: it’s in the unwashed dishes that pile up in the sink, in the endless requests, the deadlines. The assignments, essays and experiments. It hides under the clothes on the floor and it the food that’s not being cooked. It’s in eyes that hurt and the muscles in pain, in the sleepless nights. It’s present in the dreams and the goals. In the lack of energy and the self-doubt.

And yet. It’s still worthwhile because it’s the only thing I know how to do. And someday, a long time from now (hopefully), I hope I will look back and smile, and be happy that I walked my own path.

No comments: