Wednesday 16 May 2012

Where We Need To Be

These past few weeks I’ve meet some incredibly inspirational people and I’ve also found out lots of things about myself.
When I was 15 years old I told everyone that I wanted to become a diplomat. It’s not a professional path I’ve actively been pursuing because I always thought that I didn’t have the required interpersonal skills.
The people I’ve met have been members of the political and military elite of Finland. Noticing that I can function like a normal person in these situations has been a real boost. Interestingly enough, it’s not necessary to be super-social in this type of situations as long as one knows how to behave well and be interested in others
Smile
Before starting this internship I thought I might be taking a step backwards, but I was wrong. This is a huge leap forward that was supposed to happen now. A couple of years ago I would have been too insecure in myself to be able to deal with all this. 

No comments: