Thursday 17 May 2012

This Is Where The Difficult Part Begins

Yesterday I had my last class of Hungarian. I will not continue next year because I need to do 3rd year psychology in order to get my degree. I will also start an MSc in Sociology of Law and this time it will be about top grades – nothing else will do.

The difficult part begins when you step out of the (virtual) classroom and you are faced with reality. You need to find strategies for how to continue the language learning process. Constant development requires a proactive approach. One must also use the language in order to not forget it.

This has always been difficult for me, that’s why I’ve always preferred to learn a language with a teacher. However, I know that a lot of people have studied languages on their own and reached a very good level.

How do you do it? What are your tips?

No comments: