Monday 21 February 2011

Записки из подполья

Fyodor Dostoevsky is one of the greatest writers of 19th century literature, and he was also my first contact with Russian literature back in the day. 

There is, however, one novel of his that I’ve never managed to finish. Actually I haven’t read more than a few pages of it. I have started reading it several times but always gotten stuck somewhere in the very beginning, not being able to continue. 

But from now on it will be my running companion… I need to incorporate Russian into my daily life, so what better way than listening to existentialist ramblings - конечно по-русски!

Oh, and the book is Notes from the Underground.

1 comment:

keishua said...

oh, I hear you. I am trying to finish one of his books now. I have been reading it for a year. One day!!