Wednesday 3 March 2010

Fooling myself into happiness

It would be a great exaggeration to say that I'm feeling happy at the moment. In fact, a lot of negative feelings except boredom can be found in that mess also known as my mind at the moment. There is confusion, wearines, melancholy, sorrow, sadness... you name it, it's there.

However, the point of this post is not to complain about my gloominess: that would not improve anything. Instead, I'm going to write a list of things that make me happy and that are available right here and now.

1) My family: they are already driving me crazy, but they are quite loveable after all.
2) Friends: they are all wonderful, and besides, one of my best friends is coming here from Poland tomorrow. We always have lots of fun drinking tea and discussing life, so that's something to look forward to.
3) Travels: I have two beautiful European capitals within (fairly) easy reach, so I should take advantage of that. Besides, once I have enough money, I could visit friends in a lot of cool places (Athens, Warsaw, the US)
4) Spring is almost here!
5) Opportunities: no matter how dull life might seem at the moment, I can't deny that I have a lot of opportunities to shape my life the way I want it to be.

Sometimes all you need to do is trick yourself into believing you're happy!

No comments: