Wednesday 3 March 2010

Dandelion Tea

 
I'm not a great fan of herbal infusions: in my humble opinion they usually taste like grass and lack the strong flavour of tea. Because of my attempt to do a detox, however, I decided to try a dandelion infusion, as it is famous for its numerous health benefits. A borrowed list of benefits can be found below.
To be quite honest, I didn't like the flavour of the tea (from Clipper), but a big slice of lemon made it drinkable.


List of dandelion tea benefits
  • Dandelion Tea is an agent for keeping optimum liver, kidney and gallbladder functions.
  • Dandelion Tea enhances detoxification by stimulating urination, as well as replacing the potassium lost to the increased volume of urine.
  • Dandelion Tea is used to help in the health maintenance of those suffering from Type-1 and Type-2 diabetes.
  • Dandelion Tea can be used for treatment of such liver disorders as hepatitis and jaundice.
  • Dandelion Tea can be used for purifying the blood and cleansing the system.
  • Dandelion Tea can help in relieving digestive disorders such as constipation and diarrhea.
  • Dandelion Tea has properties that can help cleanse and improve the skin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well now you've just convinced me to run to my local shop and buy some dandelion tea for a detox!

Zsuzsi said...

Allie: good, good. Let me know how it goes. In fact, maybe we should try to run a detox together so that we can support each other :D

Anonymous said...

I'm all for support, just let me know!