Wednesday 14 December 2011

Polar Night

Although we don’t really get to enjoy the Polar night down here in the very south of Finland, it’s still dark, cold and miserable. (Am I complaining too much now?). It’s no wonder people are going so crazy about Christmas – it’s the only way to remain sane in the darkness.

Fortunately the days will start getting longer next week, now we can only hope that the snow will arrive in time for Christmas.

Yesterday TT gave me a very nice gift: the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. Now, I used to read Gretchen’s blog so I’m not completely unfamiliar with the project, whose aim is to dedicate a year to increasing happiness.

I believe that most people can work towards greater happiness – and everybody’s happiness is individual. A happiness project might help us pinpoint what happiness is to us and what we need in order to be happy. Off the top of my head, I’d say that my own personal happiness project would include attempts to increase energy, move towards the dream job, find balance in my existence and get the opportunity to travel more. I would also like to be a bit more positive as a person.

 

How about you, what would your happiness project include?

 

 

P.S. Geez, I just realised that one of the guys I always disturb regarding lost stuff is MY COUSIN. Hahha, what an epiphany.

No comments: