Friday 13 January 2012

It's Alright

Long time, no see, dear friends! How are you? I hope life is treating you all well, wherever you are.

 

Here it’s snowing, and for the first time this year I slipped and fell on my face when walking from the bus to work. My colleague and I both started laughing like mad, it’s obvious that it’s Friday – the atmosphere is so cheerful. Yesterday I took a day off from studies and the computer. It felt nice doing NOTHING after work, just existing (well, going for coffee, taking a nap – very important!, filing all my papers). To be honest, though, lazy days are fun (and necessary) once in a while, but I very much prefer doing something “intellectually stimulating” in my free time!

 

A couple of days ago someone asked me about my plans for the next 5-10 years. Coming up with a satisfying answer turned out to be far more difficult than expected: despite my little goals and projects that push me forward, I pretty much am where I want to be. By surrounding myself with people and activities that I love and enjoy I’m able to seize the day. Carpe diem! This was a very important moment, and I will do my best to keep it with me, these moments of self-reflection and great conclusions are often forgotten in the midst of everyday life that’s often so far from glorious.

 

Here’s what some famous people have said about seizing the day:

 

 

Life, if well lived, is long enough.  ~Seneca, De Ira

 

We do not do what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.  ~Jean Paul Sartre, Situations, 1939

 

Life is not long, and too much of it must not pass in idle deliberation how it shall be spent.  ~Samuel Johnson

 

 

 

Conclusion? Act, don’t think too much! Follow your heart! Follow your passions! Know yourself!

 

 

I would like to wish you all a pleasant and eventful weekend! Do you have any special plans?

No comments: