Thursday 17 March 2011

Thoughts On Happiness

 

IMG0010

“I have learned to seek my happiness by limiting my desires, rather than in attempting to satisfy them.” – John Stuart Mill-

Yeah, I though one of the great profiles of utilitarianism would have something clever to say about happiness.

Right now I’m happy because our tap water is so tasty and that I have a warm and soft bed waiting for me to just fall onto it. One of the greatest things in life is the feeling you get right before falling asleep when you’re really tired. Another great feeling is the one that fills you right when you complete some task or another that’s nearly impossible.

What are you happy about right now?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right now I am happy the my tulips are coming up, my rat is healthy and my ducks are arriving on Tuesday. Oh yeah, and I have wonderful husband, he makes me happy as well.

Natalie said...

I'm home and I'm reading an excellent book translated from the Norwegian. Need I say more? :)

Annica said...

I'm happy because of looooove ;) And that I don't have to be so stressed out about job that I was a while ago. And I'm happy cause the spring and summer is here soon. And I have a trip booked to warm Spain and I get to meet my lovely friend I haven't met in a long time! :)