Monday 19 October 2009

Work

 

Time: 10:27

Place: work

Doing: translating an interesting manual about measuring sound

Wearing: lots of clothes - we are talking about winter boots and t-shirt + polo neck + woollen jumper. And still feeling freaking cold.

Listening: to radio music from outside and to people working.

Thinking: about non-work related stuff - basically, how to schedule my life in a more effective manner.

 

 

----

I got a question about my job but because I almost never log into my blog, I'll reply to that here: basically I'm some kind of an assistant who does whatever she is told to do. Usually I translate all sorts of texts (from measuring sound to instructions for digital printing to conference programmes, manuals and marketing material). I'm also coordinating installations and projects, contacting foreign suppliers, managing orders, creating databases and being treated like ... The job is OK, but the salary is not and as I already mentioned, the atmosphere is far from good. It's not what I studied for and for me it is some kind of an interim solution while I figure out what to do in the future and get my studies out of the way. However, our working hours are perfect (7.45 - 17.00 and intensivas every single Friday), and the holidays + puentes are really good, and the work place is close to home which means that I have lots of free time in the evenings.  

 

 

 

1 comment:

Le Hamster Ruso said...

Ya somos dos personas que se quejan de su sueldo. Aunque tampoco he buscado otra cosa, por que al igual que tu primo que el sitio esté cerca de casa jejeje.

Mi trabajo es más aburrido: programador informático. No puedo profundizar sobre el tema por que tenemos contratos de privacidad... pero en resumidas cuentas hacemos software relacionado con el pago con tarjetas :)