Thursday 24 April 2014

Som vďačná za... [SK: I'm thankful for...]




Today I'm thankful for... 

...having found the joy of exercising again. 
... good food.
...having a wonderful boyfriend who cooks me delicious food while I'm studying as well as helping me with my core exercises. 
...our wonderful morning walks in the sunshine. 

So, I finally found the motivation and joy to work out. After a long winter with a constant flu and allergic reactions (there was something weird going on in Slovakia, either in the flat or in the office) and no exercise, this feels truly re-vitalizing. We have been walking, jogging and playing around in the home gym.

Today's strength training consisted of 2 circles ( 3 x 12-15 reps of each) that took approximately 45 minutes. I wanted to focus on my upper body as we will be going out for a run tonight.


Circle 1



  1. Shoulders: Lateral Raise
  2. Back: Barbell Row 
  3. Triceps: Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension
  4. Glutes & hams: Barbell Straight-leg Deadlift


Circle 2: Core



  1. Russian Twist 
  2. Cat Camel
  3. Leg-Lowering Drill 
  4. Prone Cobra 




And that's about it. This type of circling fits me, I think it's fun to keep going and getting things done fast. Maybe I'll try to get three different ones + core or yoga a week. We'll see how it goes :)


No comments: