Saturday 5 April 2014

Less Is More–More Is Less

simplicity

Lately I have – in a fairly disorganised manner I must admit-  been searching inspiration online for simple living. Yes, inspiration. I feel that I would like to live simpler, but I have no idea where to start. My mind is a mishmash of thoughts, ideas, questions. Funnily enough, I always have this need and urge to organize every piece of inspiration and knowledge before I can do anything about it. So, I believe there is a lot of research to be done on the topic. Maybe save it here in the blog. As you can see, there’s a category called “simplify”.

I believe that the term “simple life” is subjective. Anyone striving for it has his or her ideas about how to attain it. These are my own thoughts on the subject.

Simplicity is view that encompasses all aspects of life. In essence it is about making life simpler. I believe that many people (including myself) have the tendency to complicate life, most of the time this complexity is unnecessary. Simplicity is thus related to the processes of simplification. Walk when possible, or use a bike. Use natural ingredients in your food. Favour the locally produced. Do what you can yourself. You can grown your veggies. Aim for wisdom instead of things. Take time to relax and to appreciate the now. Move. Be patient – this too shall pass. Be understanding and compassionate. Save energy. Be creative. Be flexible.

Where does this need for simplicity come from? It’s not new for me, I have been “sort of interested” in the topic for years now. My need for understanding the human mind and our wellbeing has been there for a long time now and it has shown itself in an interest for a great many things ranging from fitness to positive psychology. Now that I’m getting “old” I feel that I’m having a more holistic view of things – it is all linked together.

No comments: