Wednesday 15 September 2010

What to do? [note to self]

Sometimes I feel slightly guilty for being careerless at 26. It feels like everyone around me is a) having a wonderful job or b) starting a family. I’m still studying and spending my time on strange jobs. Now my brother is going through the same “whatamIgonnadowithmylife?”-phase, and he’s just 19 (well, 18 and 11 months). That makes me feel even guiltier. I should have figured it all out like 5 years ago. But so what? Isn’t the important thing that I work with something that I enjoy, and study hard to uncover the mysteries of life and Hungary? Most of the time I firmly believe that one day I will be able to combine all my passions and interests and do something truly incredible with my life. Until then I will be enjoying myself.

The magical equation:

hungary

+

decision-model-diagram

+

psychology

+

Calvin and Hobbes on Modern threats

Pictures from google images.

4 comments:

Go Crazy said...

Hei!
Nyt on kysyttävä, että haluatko sinä oikeasti tuota vielä? Elämäsi vaikuttaa mielenkiintoiselta - miksi sitä siis puristaisi johonkin muottiin vain siksi, että kaikki muutkin tekevät niin? Totta kai on hyvä aina välillä puntaroida valintojaan ja elämänsä suuntaa, muttei siitä sovi soimata itseään :) Elämäsi on ihan omasi, ei sinun tarvi tehdä asioita niin kuin kaikki muutkin.

Annica said...

I think we all know that you some day will do something incredible! But why hurry? You're still young. And that you are enjoying yourself right know should be most important;)

Lots of love

Zsuzsi said...

Satu: kiitos kommentista :) Totta turiset ja olen kyllä ihan samaa mieltä kanssasi, joskus tulee vaan noita angstikohtauksia... Mutta tosiaan, tänä vuonna olen oppnut sen, että meillä on kaikilla vain yksi elämä joten kannattaa elää ihan omaa sydäntä kuunnellen.

yrkesskadad: you always have the right words, thanks sweetie :)

knickknacks said...

My take is always do what you wanna do when you feel like doing them! There is really nothing to feel guilty abt because at the end of the day it is abt doing what's right for yourself! Don't let societal pressure make you feel otherwise! *hugs!*