Sunday 21 September 2014

Workouts This Week


Gym inspiration, I never used to work out when I was young, so developing a habit to exercise is something I have had to work on a lot as an adult. The first time I started to work out was during my second year of university, I had a good routine going on there - pilates, jumping rope and walking everywhere. After that I have been running, going to the gym, and testing yoga. I am quite proud that I get back on track after shorter breaks - it means that exercising has become a lifestyle for me. The pleasure it gives me is important - I often miss the gym when I haven't been there for a while and I love the feeling of being completely focused on the training. 

Workouts this week

  • Wednesday: 40 minutes strength training + 1 hour tai chi
  • Thursday: 100 min gym (rowing 30 minutes + upper body)
  • Saturday: 40 min pilates

And next week... 

  • Monday: gym - pilates 40 mins
  • Tuesday: gym - strength training (upper body 40 mins) 
  • Wednesday: gym - rowing 40 mins + tai chi 60 mins
  • Thursday: gym - rowing 30 mins, strength training (legs) 40 mins, stretching (20 mins)

As you can see, there is quite a bit of pilates there. Yesterday a friend of mine (who is an authorised instructor) gave a class of pilates and it felt so good. There was a time when I used to train pilates quite often - either at the gym or at home. For some reason, I forgot all about it. However, it's a nice change to "normal" strength training, so I decided to incorporate it into my training program. Variety is key, right?


No comments: