Friday 12 August 2011

Autumn 2011

The air smells slightly differently and the leaves are slowly turning yellow. Suddenly it’s a bit chilly in the morning. Autumn is the perfect time for making some resolutions – more than New Year’s it’s a new beginning. My Autumn 2011 Resolution is a bit vague, but still very important. I want to work hard for the last months of 2011 in order to make 2012 the best year ever. This will include Russian conversation classes, working hard on my dissertation and other uni assignments, sweating at the gym, having fun and working on my self-perception. 2012 will hopefully bring about some positive changes, and my plan is to be well prepared for them.

I have an idea, just a tiny little thought, growing in my mind. If I really want to go for it (still need to meditate on that one), I need to work hard – and one first step would be proving my language skills (at least in Finnish, Polish and Spanish). Proving one’s language skills is such a dreadful project, though, those state exams are scary!

 

Do you have any “resolutions” for this autumn?  

No comments: