Saturday 30 November 2013

Places: Vienna

It hit me. I have not dedicated a single post to Vienna. One of the imperial capitals of Europe, one of the cities everybody knows. It is a city where history was written, where big decisions were made.

Why not, why didn’t I write about it? Maybe because I don’t like Vienna too much. It’s a city that doesn’t feel very friendly, it’s difficult to get a grasp of it. It’s grandiose, it’s also beautiful. But it’s not for me.

It takes about an hour between Vienna and Bratislava on the train, the perfect day trip. The trip is cheap and comfortable. I have been there several times and will probably go there more times. Maybe it will grow on me once I find those hidden cosy places.

The last time I was in Vienna was a while back (September, October, who can recall with the time flying) when my parents were visiting. We had a nice day walking around. Here are some photos. (some? at least the city is extremely photogenic!!) – We could also play a game: spot the balloons Smile

DSC09373DSC09403DSC09423DSC09442DSC09479DSC09537DSC09538DSC09539DSC09625DSC09666

No comments: