Wednesday 25 September 2013

Čas rýchlo plynie.

One year and two days ago I moved to Slovakia. I would have written about it earlier, but then the killer flu hit me and I thought I might die. I didn’t. Obviously.

What? Slovakia? Why on earth would anyone want to move to Slovakia?

I did not really know what I was doing at the time.

But it was a good decision, me thinks.

It’s been a tough year. Studying full-time, working full-time, travelling full-time.

It has also been a lot of fun.

Slovakia, I think, it’s something of the hidden corner of Europe. Located between places that everyone has heard of, Slovakia is easily forgotten.

Which means that the world is missing out. Slovakia is a beautiful country.

The people are kind.

The wine is tasty.

The cheese is good, too.

Bratislava is grey and the streets are full of cracks, but it has somehow managed to keep its charm.

I feel safe here, and good. I have never felt like I didn’t fit it.

Beautiful language, too. And plenty of bookstores.

Life is sweet here.

život je tu sladký.

No comments: