Monday 14 January 2013

Petržalka, toto je pre teba.

P1140217
Petržalka. The reactions I get from people when I tell them that I live in Petržalka are not many. They usually sound like this: “why on earth would you like to live in Petržalka?” Petržalka is the largest suburb of Bratislava, on the southern bank of the Danube. It’s right across the river from the city centre. It reminds you of the nice Communist era with itss grey (albeit sometimes painted) blocks of flats. Apparently there are thieves, junkies and all kinds of criminals running around the streets. I say apparently because not a single time did I have any problems with anyone.

To me Petržalka is cosy. It’s a place where I watch young couples walking hand in hand, daddies playing with their children. There is laughter and music. And even though it’s a bit rough around the edges, it’s so pretty when it’s all covered in snow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know people living in "*Petržalka*.They haven't problems living there. They are living in a "panelak" and they are happy. I am from venezuela and I have friends in Bratislava.