Monday 15 December 2008

Plum, Lost Scots and Some Bloody Fighting

Life as we know it is a bit slow at the moment. Sitting in the office, sendig e-mails, drinking tea and playing with the dog*. The evenings have been filled with good reading, a lot more tv-series than I have ever seen before, and even more tea.

I said goodbye to chic-lit a few years ago when I threw about 50 books in the bin. The only thing that I cannot get rid of is Stephanie Plum, the oh-so ordinary heroine created by Janet Evanovich. She is just too funny (sidenote: she is indeed funnier than Madrid-Barcelona on telly, even if it is quite hard to believe for some).



I might not be that into chic -lit, but years of analysing Russian literature has sent me back into deep regression. Say hello to romantic novels with that naughty twist that makes you laugh more than it turns you on... The coolest bit is the possibility to time travel between Scotland of the 16th Century and today. All because of the love for a handsome Scot (who has a large... err... member).
For someone so squeamish, it is unbelievable that my favourite tv-show is Bones, and that I like Rome as much as I do. In Bones, I adore the intelligence (even if it's just faked) of the characters, and in Rome... well, when the level of intrigue in your own life is zero, you find the scheming minds of half-naked Romans quite fascinating. Please do not forget their lovely British accents. That, my friends, is the icing on the cake. Hiding under the blanket is the perfect way of making the less pleasant bits (read: fighting, bones, blood, whipping, dying, flesh) to go away.

Random Thought of the Day: I share my birthday with Hugh Heffner and Jenna Jameson. Maybe it is a sign of something of great importance.

Now I'll have some tea.


* We do indeed have a dog in our office and she really is one of the sweetest things around.

No comments: