Saturday 19 December 2009

Saturday morning 5 am

This morning at about 5 am I though of my first resolution for the year 2010.

Empathy and compassion are two very positive feelings, if you know how to handle them correctly. For me it seems nearly impossible. My problem is that I can understand almost any person and their actions: it is completely possible to understand the logic behind almost any action if you analyse it and go through all the separate steps that led to it. The root cause (s) for a certain behavioural pattern is usually quite easy to track down (psychologists might disagree...).
In the end, I usually end up forgiving people who hurt me, just because I understand them. However, I need to learn that just because someone might have a good reason to behave in a particular way, it doesn't mean that the action itself must be forgiven.

1 comment:

Le Hamster Ruso said...

Es mejor olvidar, que perdonar y no ovlidar. Un sualud :)