Friday 1 May 2015

#NaBloPoMo May 1: You

Selfies are everywhere. I don't know what to think about them - on the one hand, I think that the focus on the self (or the individual) that we see in contemporary society is negative. There is a need to show off and many are drawn to the superficial. I don't want to live in a world like that. In order to be seen, desperate measures are taken. Normal, everyday pictures are boring and they disappear in that constant flow of news and updates. The question is - does that make us, the average people, boring as well? On the other hand, I have heard some people argue that selfies of normal people are needed, as they function as a reminder of normalcy - after all, most people are average and we need to remember that.

I sometimes take selfies - usually to make a funny face or to remember that fancy lipstick!

This is me: polka dots, stripes, bright colours and the occasional crazy face.








No comments: